Monday, June 21, 2010
Main Factors That Lead to Arrests in a Defensive Shooting
2. If you initiate, provoke, or escalate a fight, such as in road rage, domestic violence, a love triangle, fighting over money or debts, or gang fights.
3. If you shoot anyone in the back, since they are retreating, and use of deadly force is no longer necessary.
4. If you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
5. If you use excessive force... beyond stopping the progression of the unlawful force.
6. If you were engaged in an unlawful activity.
7. If you fail to dial 9-1-1 and summon the police (if time permits), instead of using deadly force.
8. If you did not attempt to retreat to avoid a shooting.
9. If you fled the scene, tampered with evidence or witnesses, or lied to the police.
10. If you used a deadly weapon to protect property.
11. If a child or teen was killed or seriously injured in the incident.